Years of my life have been spent contemplating how I will spend my time. Between work, exercise, and everything else I was having trouble deciding on an endeavor. I knew I wanted to create something, but as a graphic designer my days are spent creating. By the time I come home, it’s hard for me to wrap my head around designing some more. Walking the line between fulfillment and burnout is a pretty common occurrence. In the end, I usually settle on being away from the computer.
In the years that I regretted not developing my design portfolio I managed to find time to do the following things:
– Run my first half marathon
– Go through the US immigration process to get my husband stateside
– Move from the east coast to the west coast and back to the east coast again
– Take a cross country road trip (moving back east)
– Bake my first loaves of sour dough bread
– Brew my first batch of kombucha
– Go to my first boot camp class
– Go to my first spin class
– Transitioning to a different industry in my career
It wasn’t until yesterday that I realized that these tiny accomplishments added up to become a pretty impressive record. This admirable list is essentially all the times I decided to try something new. Like today! Welcome to Say Yes To New!
Say Yes To New is a blog devoted to encouraging readers to live outside of their comfort zone. As you can see from the list above, for me, trying new things is not…well…new. However, there are plenty of things I have left to do and I hope that through this blog others will be inspired to experiment a little. New things are not always big and even the tiniest changes can be life altering. This journey is about facing fears and doing things anyway.
Thanks for reading and I look forward to sharing my findings with you.