The other day I found this post from Food & Baker! Doing this tag is definitely new for me so I decided to try it. Plus, since this blog is new, I thought it would help you get an idea of the person encouraging you do TRY NEW THINGS!
I hope you’ll not only take a look at this post, but use it as a template for your own to keep the cycle going.
1. What’s your favorite breakfast?
Eggs, bacon, pancakes. I pretty much order that combo at any diner I go to.
2. How do you drink your coffee?
Black. Always. However, there is one exception. On Sundays I write my blog posts at one of the only cafes where I live. Their regular coffee is rubbish, so I get a cappuccino.
3. What’s on your favorite sandwich?
My favorite sandwich is a shrimp poboy. Fried shrimp, dressed, on a foot long piece Leidenheimer French bread.
4. Soup or Salad?
Soup. Always soup. I eat salad, but really it’s just because it’s easy. By the way, in Louisiana gumbo is a soup. HAHA.
5. What’s your favorite cookbook?
I don’t use a lot of cookbooks, but I get a lot from my job. Right now I’m really into The Backyard Homestead Book Of Kitchen Know-How. There are a ton of valuable skills included as well as recipes. It’s what go me started on baking sourdough.
6. No more sweets or no more hearty foods?
No more sweets. I don’t need them. I love them, but honestly it’s an abusive relationship.
7. What’s your favorite Cuisine (country)?
Do I really have to pick one? Can I pick three? Mexican, Japanese, Korean
8. What’s your favorite food movie?
Chef. It makes me want a food truck.
9. What’s your most guilty pleasure?
Cooking a box of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese and eating the entire box.
10. What’s your greatest inspiration source?
The Kitchn is my go to, but I’m really enjoying the Lost in the Supermarket videos that Epicurious has been putting out lately.
11. Cooking at home or going out for dinner?
Cooking at home. Do I look like I’m made of money?
12. High end or low profile?
Low profile. Every time.
13. What’s your favorite restaurant?
Honestly, I have a list…but if I had to pick…BarnJoo in NYC. It’s a Korean fusion place where my husband and I have spent a few anniversaries.They even have a full moon on their ceiling!
14. I do my grocery shopping at:
Stop n’ Shop, but love sneaking into Whole Foods or Trader Joe’s when I’m near one.
15. The tastiest food I’ve ever eaten was:
This is such a bold statement. I’ve eaten A LOT of tasty things. Top 5:
1) Steak Au Poivre at Frank und Frei
2) Burger from Shake Shack
3) Any doughnut from Doughnut Plant
4) Döner Kebab from anywhere because we don’t have them in the States
5) Ramen, most likely from one of my favorite places in NYC
16. What’s your favorite cocktail?
Beer! Oh that’s not a cocktail…darn.
17. Coffee with George Clooney or Heston Blumenthal?
George Clooney. Mainly for bragging rights.
18. What should not be missing in your kitchen?
A blender and sadly I don’t own one. It’s such a tragedy when I want smoothies or cocktails.
19. What’s your favorite snack?
I really enjoy popcorn and I think it’s healthy?
20. What’s on your pizza?
Anything really. There are few food I dislike. The photo below was a pizza i had after a hangover and I loved how perfect it looked. It was like it came out of a cartoon and into reality.
21. What food do you really dislike?
I dislike ill prepared foods and maybe Vegemite since I’ve never tried it.
23. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
Alligator? Octopus? I think that’s it.
24. What’s on your food bucket list?
I want to go to the Hello Kitty food truck! The foods look super adorable!!!
25. I couldn’t live without:
Coffee and cheese forever!
What was the last thing you baked?
I made Sourdough Blueberry Muffins and they were amazing!
So that’s my food story in a nutshell. Feel free to ask for restaurant/recipe suggestions. I’m an open book!
Also you can copy and paste the questions and answer them yourselves. Reblog on Tumblr if you like or link me back in your own blog post. Thanks again Food & Baker for the idea! I can’t wait to read more responses!